Investment Companies are privately or publicly owned type of the Company, which most often offer investors a variety of funds and investment services, which include portfolio management, recordkeeping, custodial, legal, accounting and tax management services.
Investment Company is prescribed as a type of Company (Private or Public);
- Investment Company to permit an Investment Company to be managed by 1 Director, which may be a Body Corporate;
- Investment Company must, ensure that, whenever it uses its name, the name is immediately followed by:
- for a Closed-Ended Investment Company—the words ‘Closed-Ended Investment Company’ or the abbreviation ‘CEIC’; and
- for an Open-Ended Investment Company—the words ‘Open-Ended Investment Company’ or the abbreviation ‘OEIC’.
- Investment Company is prescribed as a type of Company (Private or Public);
- An Investment Company must either be an Open-Ended Investment Company or a Closed-Ended Investment Company;
- A Company must not be incorporated as an Investment Company, an existing Company must not be converted into an Investment Company, and a Company must not operate an Investment Company, unless: (a) the Company is formed, and is to operate, for the sole purpose of conducting the business of a Fund; and (b) the AFSA has given its prior Written consent.
Companies Standard Articles of Association
Template Resolution on Incorporation by Board of Directors
Template Resolution on Incorporation by Shareholders
Application Form for Obtaining a Business Identification Number
Details on Beneficial Ownership
Application to Register Investment Company