The complaints that AFSA deals are the following:
• Misconduct or dissatisfaction with an Authorised Firm, Approved Individual, Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions, Authorised Market Institution, Ancillary Service Provider;
• Any conduct that will cause harm to the health of financial services industry in the AIFC
• Misconduct or dissatisfaction with the activities of the AFSA and/or any of its employees.
Here are some examples of the types of complaints the AFSA handles:
• Selling unsuitable financial products;
• Misleading representations to customers about the characteristic of a financial product or service;
• Misusing client’s assets;
• Failing to act in the best interests of customers;
• Failing to observe high standards of integrity and fair dealing;
• Failing to observe high standards of corporate governance; and
• Scams misusing the identity of the AIFC or AFSA.